A power washer is a useful appliance to have in your home. It is also known as a pressure washer. It is used to clean areas that are hard to reach or where dirt has accumulated and cannot be cleaned using conventional methods.
You will need to connect the washer to a garden hose and you will get a stronger water pressure. Power washers can also be connected to a spray gun or an extension that gives you a stream of water that has more power when the trigger is activated.
You should have a clear idea about how much pressure you need from a power washer. It is not necessary to buy one that has more power you need as you will only be paying more for something that you do not need.
At the same time, you should also remember that buying a power washer from a reputed brand with a reliable motor is always best. Buying a washer from an unknown brand just because it is cheap is the worst mistake that you could make as you will only end up with a product of inferior quality that will not last long. See our reviews here
You can buy a good power washer by keeping a few simple tips and features in mind:
The first thing that you will need to consider when buying a pressure washer is the amount of power that the machine can give you. The type of cleaning projects you will be working on is also important to keep in mind.
· Light-duty power washers provide you with 1200 PSI to 1900 PSI. You can clean 10 to 40sq. ft areas in 10 minutes. They are ideal for cleaning patio furniture and garages.
· Medium-duty pressure washers give you about 1950 to 2600 PSI. You can clean 40 to 90sq. ft in 10 minutes. These are great when you need to cleansidewalks, driveways, etc.
· Heavy-duty power washers are great for those hard-to-reach areas that need cleaning. They provide you with 2650 to 3800 PSI of water pressure. You can clean 90 to 190sq. ft in 10 minutes.
Gas or Electric
Power washers run on either gas or electricity. Each has its own pros and cons and it is important to figure out which type would suit your needs the most andwhich would be easier for you to use.
· Electric power washers have a cord attached and the drawback is that the cord can restrict your movements while you are cleaning. However, they are safer to use than gas-powered pressure cleaners as they come with a built-in ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) to prevent you from getting an electrical shock.
· Power washers that run on gas are more powerful than electric ones but come with a number of cons. Firstly, they are very noisy and they emit smoke which harms the environment. Gas-powered pressure washers are more expensive as you will need to spend on spark plugs, gas and oil.
Type of Nozzle
You will find a wide variety of spray nozzles and to find the best one for your cleaning projects, you will need to compare them all.
· For multi-storied buildings, it is best to use a telescopic wand. They are ideal for those areas that are hard to reach and will efficiently clean every corner of the area.
· The width of the spray is another important factor. There are nozzles that project a jet of water and those that spray out a wider stream of water. You can use different nozzles to get different types of spray.
There are many different types of accessories that you can use with power washers. These accessories are designed to make cleaning easier for you. It is important to select the ones that would be most helpful for all the cleaning projects that you are going to use your power washer for.
Apart from the factors that are mentioned above, you will also need to compare prices and the weight of the power washer. There are many power washers that are reliable and durable but not expensive from great brands.
Once you have taken all these things into consideration, you can make the most informed decision and buy a power washer that is the most ideal for you and your cleaning requirements.
Check out the Bestselling Power Washers on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of July 24, 2017 4:44 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.