Pressure or power washers are designed to help you with your cleaning projects by allowing you to spray water with high pressure on surfaces. They come in both large as well as portable designs so that you can get one that is best suited for your cleaning needs and that is most comfortable for you to use.
There can be a large number of debris and dirt that stubbornly stick to surfaces; and with the help of a pressure washer, you can easily get them cleaned out.
Many people often rent power washers. However, they are quite inexpensive so it would be wiser to invest in one rather than pay for it every time you rent one. It can seem daunting to find out what to look for in a pressure washer but it is quite simple. All you need to do is bear a few things in mind and look for certain features in each model that you look at.
PSI or Pounds per Square Inch: This is the unit of measurement that is used as an indication of how much water flows out of the nozzle in a span of a minute. The amount of pressure that the water puts on the surface that needs to be cleaned is measured with PSI. Here a few points that need to be kept in mind about PSI:
- Getting a pressure washer with high PSI will allow you to clean surfaces more easily.
- It is important to know just how much PSI you will need for your cleaning project as too much PSI can cause damage to surfaces made out of certain materials.
- The amount of water that you use along with the pressure that is used will make it possible for you to remove dirt and other debris that is stuck on the surfaces that you want to clean.
- When you have a pressure washer with GPM, you spend less amount of time getting your surfaces cleaned. This means that you can work faster and more efficiently.
Brand of the Engine: When you are buying a pressure washer, it is very important to take its engine into consideration. The brand of the engine is what will determine how durable your pressure washer will be. While it may be tempting to opt for a lesser-known brand as they are less expensive, it is wiser to opt for one that is well-known and reliable like a Honda or a Briggs and Stratton This way, you can be sure that the motor will last longer and you do not have to spend money repairing it every few months or replacing it.
Safety: Electric pressure washers are most preferred by people. While buying one of this type, it is important to make sure that you keep a few things in mind so that you are always safe while operating your electrical power washer.
- You should always opt for a pressure washer that has a built-in ground fault circuit interrupter. This prevents electrical shocks.
- You should bear in mind that some with built-in GFCIs need a 20 amp circuit.
Accessories and Attachments: Power washers come with a large array of attachments that are designed to make cleaning surfaces easier for you. There are many that are made for specific types of cleaning and when you look for a pressure washer, you should also check out the large variety of accessories and attachments that are available so that you can work on your cleaning project more efficiently. You will find:
- Surface cleaner attachments for 10 times faster cleaning which is great when you do not want to spend hours cleaning a specific area.
- Brush attachments that rotate to make cleaning certain surfaces easier.
- There are also extension wands for those hard-to-reach areas.
- You will also find multi-mode attachments, turbo nozzles, etc. to make your cleaning task easier.
Many people think that using a pressure cleaner takes a lot of work but the fact is that it is a tool that is simple to use, especially when you have all the right attachments with it. See more pressure washer articles here